Graphics Splash

This is my blog for my daily creativity posts. I will be exploring watercolor, sketching, t-shirt designs, fonts and more traditional design. It's chaos!

Saturday, January 2, 2010

January 2 - Vaudevillian Voles

This is another current Shirt Woot Derby submission. (Things that start with V)

I like the way this tripped off the tongue so I did vole research (they are so cute but why do people take pictures of them dead?). Practiced drawing voles. Went into Illustrator and began illustrating them using the Pen tool. I liked the idea of them wearing those boater hats and I was trying to draw a meringue pie for some pie-in-the-face fun but it wasn't turning out right so I thought canes would work.

When I finished that, it still seemed unfinished so I thought I should give them some boards to trod.

I tried all the different shirt colors but loved it most on cranberry.


No comments: